Trivia: Did you know that Kiwis were among the first in the world to claim the right to work 8-hour days? (Historically, an 8-hour day was not a legal entitlement. Other workers still worked much longer hours). This is marked by Labour Day in New Zealand – and a 3-day weekend for most. Meaning more time to experience an outdoor adventure or two.
1. Catch up with friends from Auckland.
2. Drive up to a lighthouse.
3. Do a quick hike to a memorial site overlooking Wellington.
4. Get late lunch by the beach.
5. Window shop for plants and succulents. (Just window shop ’cause I can’t maintain them).
6. Discover interesting structures.
7. Wait for the sunset.
8. Walk under a bridge.
9. Then discover a marina.
10. After Sunday church… drive somewhere we’ve never been to, kick back from work and relax.
Happy long weekend! Make the most of it tomorrow! 🙂